The objective of this project is the concept design and formalisation of an open innovation and knowledge system that brings together a set of initiatives aimed at promoting innovation, entrepreneurship and training in the Valenciaport cluster, facilitating coordination and cooperation between the different agents in the system.
In particular, the initiatives that the system would include a priori are:
- Mechanisms and tools for the promotion of innovation projects and reinforcement of collaboration between technology centres for the promotion of R&D&I, including the search for funding in national and European programmes and encouraging the participation of the Valencian Innovation System (SVI) in international consortiums.
- Centre for entrepreneurship and open innovation, in collaboration with the Valencian innovation ecosystem, of which the cluster forms part through the Valenciaport Foundation and some of the agents collaborating in this project and whose purpose is to promote start-ups to respond to the challenges posed by the cluster’s companies, reinforcing pre-existing initiatives such as SuperLabPorts, a climate accelerator promoted by the Valenciaport Foundation in collaboration with the APV and EIT Climate-KIC.
- Management training centre for the companies in the port cluster, with local, national and international scope that serves as a provider of highly qualified employment for the port sector, being constantly updated with the real needs of the ecosystem.
- Technical school of port logistics training that, through collaboration with regional institutions, contributes to integrating practical logistics training into the current offer of the degrees in Commerce and Transport.
- Valenciaport LivingLab, a port innovation laboratory for the development and piloting of new technologies, providing a service both to start-ups in the ecosystem and to demonstrations in the real environment of innovation projects, as well as to students of technical training.
Instruments for the search for financial resources and Innovation Promotion Fund, considering the legal design for the creation of a vehicle (a fund, a company or any other collective investment institution) that allows public-private investment, as well as the operation of such a vehicle.