Course title: I ED. PANAMA MASTER’S DEGREE IN LOGISTICS AND PORT MANAGEMENT
Date: March 2023 to April 2024
Timetable: Monday to Friday from 16.00 to 20.00 | Saturdays 9.00 to 14.00
Logistics has become one of the key aspects not only in the competitiveness of companies but also in that of countries. According to the latest report published by the Logistic Performance Index (LPI), Panama is in 38th position out of 160 countries, therefore, with ample room for improvement and opportunities in this area. Related to logistics and contemplated as one of the pillars of the LPI, are the infrastructures necessary for this to be carried out in an adequate manner. One of these infrastructures are the ports and the management systems necessary for them to be efficient. This master’s degree deals with both conceptual and practical knowledge to enable students to acquire the necessary skills to develop managerial functions in the field of logistics and port management.
The objectives of the master’s degree are :
- To know the main aspects related to the transport of goods by sea or land from different points of view: technical, operational, commercial, legal, economic, political and supply chain.
- To learn the role played by ports within the transport logistics cycle, and to gain an in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of their organisational, planning, economic, commercial and operational peculiarities.
- Identify and design alternatives in logistics, the Supply Chain and its Strategies.
- Develop innovative strategies for Supply Chain Management.
- Know the technologies applied to logistics to improve competitiveness.
Who it is aimed at
- Private companies in the maritime, port and logistics cluster:
- Public administrations linked to the maritime, logistics and port sector in Panama and Central America.
- Private companies linked to the maritime, logistics and port community of Panama and Central America.
- People with degrees in Maritime Port Administration, Port Management, Port Logistics, Naval Engineering, Naval Architecture, related subjects or with Bachelor’s, Engineer’s or official university degrees, issued by a higher education institution.
Professors from the Polytechnic University of Valencia with proven international teaching experience and professionals from the port logistics sector with more than 25 years of experience linked to the Valenciaport Foundation, the Port Authority of Valencia and companies in the port logistics sector in ValenciaParticipation of teaching staff from the Region in classroom modules, who will share sessions with the international professors.
Total hours: 600
Number of places: 30
Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Venue:En el Aula Virtual la parte on-line y en Panamá las semanas presenciales.
In order to access the Master’s Degree, students must hold an official Spanish diploma, degree, engineering degree or university degree or another degree issued by a higher education institution in the European Higher Education Area, which grants access to official postgraduate studies or another degree from an education system outside the European Higher Education Area and which accredits a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degree and which qualifies students in the country issuing the degree for access to postgraduate studies.
To formalize the registration you must complete the following form: