HYPOBATT will develop a modular, fast, interoperable and easy-to-use charging system for hybrid and electric vessels, all with cost-competitive performance.
During the project, the performance of the system will be demonstrated in a real-world environment, achieving the following objectives:
– 20% improvement in system efficiency
– Reduction of the waiting time, including connection time, by at least 20%.
– Optimisation of the daily operation of the charger
– Reduction of operating and maintenance costs by 20%.
– Minimisation of the impact on the grid infrastructure
– Standardisation of interfaces and port-to-ship communication
The demonstration will take place in the ports of Norddeich and Norderney (Germany), where the charging system will be tested on a vessel of the Reederei Norden-Frisia shipping company, which operates the line between these ports.
Finally, HYPOBATT will analyse the market and the feasibility of a wider deployment of high-power electric fast charging of ships in other ports, and offer new business models by increasing Europe’s technological leadership in fast battery charging systems on a wide range of ship types.
Total project budget: 9,350,775 euros.
- IKERLAN S. COOP (coordinator)
- HELIOX BV
- FUNDACIÓN VALENCIAPORT
- RINA SERVICES SPA
- RELIABILITY AND SAFETY TECHNICAL CENTER
- BRUSSELS RESEARCH AND INNOVATION CENTER FOR GREEN TECHNOLOGIES
- FUNDACION CENTRO TECNOLOGICO SOERMAR
- FLANDERS MAKE
- IMECAR ELEKTRONIK SANAYI VE TICARET LIMITED SIRKETI
- COMMISSARIAT A L ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES ALTERNATIVES
- STEMMANN-TECHNIK GMBH
- TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE INGOLSTADT
- FUNDACJA MOTUS
- AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT REEDEREI NORDEN- FRISIA
- DAMEN RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT & INNOVATION BV