The functions of the Technical Secretariat can be grouped into the following general project objectives:
- Support the Working Groups (WG) so that they achieve their objectives.
- Support the Interport R&D&I Commission (CIIDi) and State Ports in knowledge management related to the R&D&I sector.
- Provide support and technical assistance to CIIDi and State Ports in the development of the port R&D&I strategy.
Among the subjects covered by this technical assistance are: support for the dialogue between the SPE (Spanish Port System) and the National and European R&D&I grant framework for the development of consortium projects; technical assistance and organizational support for the activity of the WG (WG1-smart ports, WG2-sustainability, and WG3-infrastructure); and carrying out tasks such as the organization of thematic seminars on Port R&D&I, the use of surveys to produce statistics on SPE activities in this field, or posting new content to the website for R&D&I in the SPE (WIDISPE of www.puertos.es).
- Drafting of a reference document, summarizing the R&D&I Strategy underway and explaining the WGs formed.
- For each of the three WGs:
- Specific terms of reference.
- Definition of seed projects to incorporate in the PROMIDi (R&D&I Framework Programme of the SPE linked to the Infrastructure, Transport and Housing Plan)
- Sectoral R&D&I Policy Vision Document.
- Organization of an Innovation Forum to complement the Seminars on Innovation in the Port Cluster.
- Update of content on WIDISPE.