The main objective of this project was to improve vocational training in port through the creation of the strategic partnership. The project aimed to provide support to national and regional rules and regulations regarding the competencies of the ECVET (European Credit for Vocational Education and Training) system. Accordingly, the consortium applied its knowledge acquired in innovation in the development and improvements in the professional expertise of the ports sector.
Specifically, the project focused on three types of port employee profiles: Terminal Director, Terminal Planner and Stevedores.
The specific aims of VET-PORT were as follows:
1) Identify three port employee profiles that the consortium have in common as well as the professional skills they are required to have.
2) Define ECVET quality criteria for the positions identified.
3) Transfer and validate ECVET and ECTS credits into sectorial and territorial vocational training systems.
4) Carry out a pilot project with 50 employees in Spain, Ireland and Italy, in order to test the credits for each of the identified profiles.
5) Dissemination of the outcomes.