Freight transport and logistics provides the essential link between different value chain processes; from transformation of raw materials to finalized products, reaching end consumers and management of products at the end of their life.
BOOSTLOG strategic objective is to enhance the current freight transport & logistics R&I ecosystem at regional national and European level. Speed up the technological and organisational innovation uptake (e.g. EU R&I funded projects results) for a more efficient, integrated, harmonized and sustainable freight transportation and logistics system, deeply enhancing R&I impact in support of EU policy objectives towards decarbonisation, emissions and congestion reduction, ensuring the free and seamless movement of goods and the sector digitalization.
To achieve this strategic objective, BOOSTLOG will pursue the following specific objectives:
- To identify main EU funded projects results, outcomes and implementation cases making them visible and actionable for end users of multimodal end-to-end freight transport chains. To that end, BOOSTLOG will address the barriers and limitations explained building on existing mapping of freight transport and logistic system R&I projects.
- Overcome barriers for R&D deployment, accelerate the innovation uptake and examine which areas of research have achieved higher impact. BOOSTLOG will address barriers for deployment and will develop valorisation strategies and guidelines for public R&I uptake that will be implemented by ALICE providing adequate framework conditions.
- Identify and prioritise R&I gaps in the logistics research landscape. Having as starting point the methodology for the identification of research gaps in previous projects and the methodology used by BOOSTLOG partners, BOOSTLOG will further test and establish the methodology for identifying and prioritising research gaps, preventing duplication of resources by doing a gap analyses.
- Boost impact of the project outputs towards end users of the freight transport and logistics system, establishing collaboration frameworks for the exchange of best practices in freight transport and logistics R&I at regional, national, European level, engaging with other relevant stakeholders.
BOOSTLOG major Outputs are:
– Map the 163 already identified most relevant EU-funded R&D projects since FP5 in the different logistics domains.
– Increased visibility of Project main Results, Outputs and Implementation Cases through ALICE Knowledge Platform.
– At least 8 comprehensive and industry actionable reports in the following Clouds: i) urban logistics, ii) logistics nodes, iii) multimodal freight, corridors & transport networks iv) freight and logistics data sharing, v) logistics coordination & collaboration, vi) modularization and transhipment.