Course title: Master’s in Port Management and Intermodal Transport (MGPT)
Date: 14 October 2021 to 1 July 2022
Timetable: Thursdays from 4pm to 9pm; Fridays from 12pm to 2pm and from 4pm to 9pm; and Saturdays from 9am to 2pm.
In today’s world, people are increasingly required to be able to adapt to new, more complex and changing economic circumstances. When it comes to developing the necessary skills, the best tool that companies have at their disposal is sound training schemes for their human resources.
Two out of every 100 jobs in the Valencian Community (2.09%) can be attributed to the existence of Valenciaport. And if we look at the salaries for those jobs (accounting for over €1.24 billion in total), it can be seen that Valenciaport is behind 2.62% of the total salaries paid in the Valencian Community; these figures highlight the above-average earnings in the jobs generated by the port.
Recognizing this, in 1992 the Port Authority of Valencia created the Master’s in Port Management and Intermodal Transport (MGPT by its initials in Spanish). Over the years, this groundbreaking training programme within the Spanish port logistics sector has become established as the most internationally prestigious Spanish-language educational programme specialized in Trade, Transport, Logistics and Ports. It has had a far-reaching impact among professionals and young postgraduates in Spain, Europe and Latin America.
The master’s degree is issued and accredited by the Polytechnic University of Valencia and is run by Fundación Valenciaport. The course objectives are as follows:
- Learn the basic principles of planning, organization and business management in the fields of trade, transport, logistics and ports.
- Learn about the role played by ports in the transport logistics cycle, and gain an in-depth understanding of their specific organizational, planning, economic, commercial and operational features.
- Understand key aspects related to the transport of goods by sea, land and air, from different perspectives: technical, operational, commercial, legal, economic and political.
- Develop the skills required for a professional career in the port-logistics sector, with training in business and port management, maritime and international law, economics and resource planning.
- Develop the skills to adapt to complex, changing economic scenarios, and to meet the business and professional demands of the trade, transport, logistics and ports sector.
Who it is aimed at
Managerial and leadership positions in public or private companies linked to the following sectors: port; maritime, land and air transport; logistics; or foreign trade.
University graduates who wish¬ to develop their professional career in companies or organizations in the abovementioned sectors.
The Master’s programme is divided into nine subject areas plus the master’s thesis, which in turn are divided into different topics that are detailed in the programme PDF.
Professionals with more than 30 years’ experience and excellent teaching skills, from port authorities, universities, public administrations and private companies in the port-logistics sector.
Total hours: 600 hours (60 ECTS)
Number of places: 22
On completion of the academic programme, students that have passed all the subjects and successfully completed the master’s thesis will be awarded the qualification of Master’s in Port Management and Intermodal Transport (MGPT) by the Polytechnic University of Valencia.
Venue:Fundación Valenciaport Sede APV - Edificio III
Avda. Muelle del Turia, s/n, 46024 Valencia (España)
The price of the Master\’s Programme is €11,850* (pending approval by the Board).
A 5% discount will be applied in the following cases:
- Early payment
- Associate members of:
- Official College of Industrial Engineers of the Valencian Community
- Official College of Industrial Technical Engineers of Valencia
- Polytechnic University of Valencia Alumni Association
- Valencian Community Business Confederation
- UPV Community price €11,250* (pending approval by the Board).
- To be admitted to the Master’s programme, students must hold an official Spanish university degree or a degree awarded by a higher education institution in the European Higher Education Area, which allows admission to official postgraduate studies, or another degree in compliance with educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area which accredits a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degree and that entitles the holder to access postgraduate education in the issuing country.
- Knowledge of English.
- Attendance at any personal interviews and tests that may be required by the Admissions Committee.
The application period for the Master’s Programme ends on 7th October 2020.
The number of places is limited to 30 for pedagogical reasons and will be filled by candidates selected by the Admissions Committee.
The selection process is based on the criteria of academic record, professional experience, training and individual potential, to ensure the entire group gets the most out of the course.
Application and registration steps:
- Fill in the application form on this website; this starts the process.
- We will then contact you to ask you for:
- Personal letter stating the reasons you want to do postgraduate studies in the selected programme and the time you have available to dedicate to your studies.
- Photocopy of national ID card or passport.
- University degree required for each programme and CV.
- Completed profile evaluation form and two letters of recommendation following the example provided on our website.
- We will then call you in for a personal interview and English language proficiency test, unless you can provide an official qualification issued in the previous 12 months.
- Your file will be presented to the Academic Committee—made up of the Polytechnic University of Valencia and the Fundación Valenciaport—which must formally accept it.
- You will receive notification of admission and instructions on how to formalize the registration payment within fifteen days. If you fail to do so, your place will be given to the first candidate on the waiting list.
Contact person: Mari Carmen Estela Mut
Telephone: +34 96 393 94 00