Course title: DIPLOMA OF SPECIALIZATION IN ROAD TRANSPORT (DETRATE)
Date: 15 October 2020 to 26 June 2021
Timetable: Thursdays from 4pm to 9pm; Fridays from 12pm to 2pm and from 4pm to 9pm; and Saturdays from 9am to 2pm.
In today’s world, people are increasingly required to be able to adapt to new, more complex and changing economic circumstances. When it comes to developing the necessary skills, the best tool that companies have at their disposal is sound training schemes for their human resources.
Two out of every 100 jobs in the Valencian Community (2.09%) can be attributed to the existence of Valenciaport. And if we look at the salaries for those jobs (accounting for over €1.24 billion in total), it can be seen that Valenciaport is behind 2.62% of the total salaries paid in the Valencian Community; these figures highlight the above-average earnings in the jobs generated by the port.
Recognizing this, in 1992 the Port Authority of Valencia created the Master’s in Port Management and Intermodal Transport (MGPT by its initials in Spanish). Over the years, this groundbreaking training programme within the Spanish port logistics sector has become established as the most internationally prestigious Spanish-language training programme specialized in Trade, Transport, Logistics and Ports. It has had a far-reaching impact among professionals and young postgraduates in Spain, Europe and Latin America.
The master’s degree is issued and accredited by the Polytechnic University of Valencia and is run by Fundación Valenciaport. The course objectives are as follows:
- Learn the basic principles of planning, organization and business management in the fields of trade, transport, logistics and ports.
- Learn about the role played by ports in the transport logistics cycle, and gain an in-depth understanding of their specific organizational, planning, economic, commercial and operational features.
- Understand key aspects related to land freight transport, from different perspectives: technical, operational, commercial, legal, economic and political.
- Develop the skills required for a professional career in the port-logistics sector, with training in business and port management, maritime and international law, economics and resource planning.
- Develop the skills to adapt to complex, changing economic scenarios, and to meet the business and professional demands of the trade, transport, logistics and ports sector.
Who it is aimed at
- Those who work in public or private companies linked to the following sectors: port; maritime, land and air transport; and logistics or foreign trade.
- University graduates who wish to develop their professional career in companies or organizations in the stated sectors.
The DETRATE programme is divided into five subject areas, which in turn are divided into different topics that are detailed in the programme PDF.
Professionals with more than 30 years’ experience and excellent teaching skills, from port authorities, universities, public administrations and private companies in the port-logistics sector.
Total hours: 325 hours (32.5 ECTS).
Number of places: 30
Students who successfully complete this programme will be awarded the corresponding Specialist Diploma issued by the Polytechnic University of Valencia.
Sede APV, Edificio III
Avda. Muelle del Turia, s/n, 46024 Valencia (Spain)
The total price of the course is €6,500* (pending approval by the Board).
On registration: €2,500
Monthly payments: 8 payments of €500
If you are a recent graduate you can take advantage of special financing conditions.
To be admitted to the Specialist Diploma courses, students must hold an official Spanish university degree or a degree awarded by a higher education institution from the European Higher Education Area that allows admission to official postgraduate studies, or another degree in compliance with educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area that accredits a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degree and that entitles the holder to access postgraduate education in the issuing country.
In exceptional cases, applicants who do not hold a university degree may be accepted onto courses leading to postgraduate degrees if they can demonstrate that they are working or have worked for more than three years in a job related to the course they wish to enrol in, and provided that they can show they meet the legal requirements to study at the University.
Students enrolled under these conditions can only be awarded a certificate of attendance for any course they have successfully completed; they shall not be awarded any official postgraduate qualification.
The application period for the Specialist Courses ends on 7th October 2020.
To ensure the entire group gets the most out of the course, the selection process is based on the criteria of academic record, professional experience, training and individual potential.
Application and registration steps:
- Fill in the application form on this website; this starts the process.
- We will then contact you to ask you for:
- Personal letter stating the reasons you want to do postgraduate studies in the selected programme and the time you have available to dedicate to your studies.
- Photocopy of national ID card or passport.
- University degree required for each programme and CV.
- Completed profile evaluation form and two letters of recommendation following the example provided on our website.
- We will then call you in for a personal interview and English level test, unless you have an official qualification issued in the previous 12 months.
- Your file will be presented to the Academic Committee—made up of the Polytechnic University of Valencia and the Fundación Valenciaport—which must formally accept it.
- You will receive notification of admission and instructions on how to formalize the registration payment within fifteen days. If you fail to do so, your place will be given to the first candidate on the waiting list.
Location for submitting documentation, interviews and tests:
Sede APV, Edificio III
Avda. Muelle del Turia, s/n
Contact person: Mar Monzó Granel
Telephone: + 34 96 393 94 00